Exceeding Standards on Accessibility: Core Values of MinnesotaHelp.info®
MinnesotaHelp.info® is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website and related tools for our professional users and community members.
We embrace this value by:
- Following principles of accessible web design
- Incorporating accessibility into all phases of the design and implementation process
- Ensuring usability through ongoing quality assurance mechanisms like expert reviews of the programming and design, user testing, and feedback
- Staying current with new technology and trends
- Developing interfaces in other languages
- Providing translation assistance
We will, when possible, exceed federal and industry accessibility standards to assure the tools are truly usable regardless of hearing, visual, motor, or communication ability. Standards for accessibility are defined by Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act and are available at http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Content&ID=12 and also by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines at Conformance Level "Double-A" as outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative available at http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#priorities.
Our true measure of accessibility is determined by the end user. We strive to incorporate relevant user feedback into our ongoing updates and welcome suggestions on how we can improve for our users.
Adopted November 29, 2005